Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love is in the air....


Not! It's almost Valentines Day and you might as well call me the grinch of V. Day. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and my kids very very much but it's just such a....hard thing for me to get into. I have always been like this. First of all, homer asked what I wanted to V day. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of things being spontaneous and from the heart. First I told him not to get me anything and realized that wasn't really fair to him if he wanted to get me something. So then I told him to just go to Target and look around and whatever screamed out to him as something I would love get it. Be it naughty lingerie, heart shaped anythings or a new pan. Really, I dont care. I have not bought him anything and I told him so to kind of prepare him for the let down. I do feel bad and will probably be at the store tomorrow with all the other losers who succomb to this dumb day.


Ok, I am done being a Valentine grinch, go kiss your sweetie and pray that cupids arrow hits me soon.

1 comment:

Lara said...

We're Valentine grinches too. The first two years my husband bought me red roses and then I finally told him to save me money because I hated them. He refused to buy my anything else so that was that.

Actually this year, a couple days after the big day, I saw a necklace I wanted and he let me buy it. Happy Valentines to me! Isn't that so romantic?

I could say that I don't have to spend money to prove I love someone but I'm not even thoughtful enough to make a card!