Friday, June 01, 2007

June 1st

Wow, it is June 1st. This year is just speeding by!! We have lots going on this month. The kids have two full weeks of school left. Then on the 23rd we have 40 family members coming into town for a family reunion. We have people coming from Washington, Redding (CA), Watsonville (CA), Thousand Oaks (CA) and Simi Valley (CA). I am so excited to see everyone. We have a very close family and always have a blast together. Right now the only real plans are spending as much time as possible at the beach and Sea World.

My brother and his family are invited to stay here at our house. If he does I will be one busy lady!! It will kinda light a fire under me to do that deep cleaning that is needed but always put off. Things like baseboards, steam cleaning the carpet, touching up paint here and there, organizing things and working on the back yard.

Work is going well. We hired two new cashiers which was much needed. When we first opened the store in October we had 17 cashiers and now......5. Yes you read that right!! Most people left because they were not getting enough hours. Being a new store we didn't have a huge client base and now that things are getting busier we need to catch up. I have been training the new girl. It's funny because when I first saw her I noticed 1. that she was pretty and 2. that she looked really familiar. So while training her a few other employees were saying that she also looked familiar. She just kinda laughed and said do I look like someone on tv...well maybe a bit....then she said do I look like Raven? She does....a lot like her....so much that she gets asked or told so on a daily basis. She said it's like having a twin that you can never get rid of. Poor thing. Speaking of celebrities....Jason was in again last night. If you don't know who I am talking about go back a few posts and you'll see who I am talking about. It was cute because when the new cashier found out that he had been there and that he was a regular she freaked out. Apparently she is a big fan and is a bit worried about how she will react when he comes through her line. Cute.

I am off....

No comments: