Monday, April 16, 2007

Buddy and his first trip to the dentist


Well, I think I was more nervous than buddy this morning. He just turned 4 in March and was complaining a couple weeks ago about a tooth bothering him. I was able to get him an appointment this morning and we went. First of all let me preface the story by saying that my other two kids normally go to a "KIDS" dentist. It's basically a Chuckee Cheese with a dentist cleaning your teeth in the back room. I love the office but not the dentist. The kids love to go there....video games, toys, goody bags, movies and a tv screen on the ceiling so they can watch Disney movies (and listen with ear phones) while their teeth are being cleaned etc. Well, since I got new insurance I decided to look to go to a new dentist that my neighbor referred me to. Well, this was not a fun dentist. The office consisted of three chairs and a murky fish tank. Talk about disappointed! The hygentist was soooo nice. Buddy did an awesome job. He is used to me brushing his teeth and making him open wide, swish and spit so that all went well. The best news.....no cavities. The dentist thinks he may be grinding his teeth therefore making them sore. So for now we are cool. Oh and he did get a goody bag complete with a new toothbrush, floss (like he knows what the heck that is) a timer, stickers, pencils and a tooth brush shaped eraser. Not Chucky's style but good enough.

Afterwards I took him to Islands Restaurant to get lunch and use a coupon I got from them for a free burger and desert (birthday clubs are cool). I only ate half of the sandwich....so huge and brought the desert home. Anyway, according to a points source online my lunch was about 19 points....Ouch!! I will get my treadmill on later.

I also want to add that I saw a new lower number on the scale today. Then I had to go and ruin it by going to Islands....oh well.

No comments: