Thursday, April 19, 2007

My Weekly 5K

I have had some new readers visiting me from the WW boards. Hello and please leave me a note sometime.
Anyway, since getting the new love of my life....my treadmill.....I have been doing a weekly 5k (walking). I know to lots of people 3.1 miles aint much...in fact at one point in my life it was just the warm up. Anyway, I guess I am doing it to sorta track my progress. I am definitely a numbers gal. I guess because like they say...numbers don't lie! So just to catch you up...if you are into numbers too here are my first three weeks 5k resluts.

Week 1 3.02 (dist) 61:36 (time) 20.31 ( average pace per mile)
Week 2 3.19/61.30/19.21
Week 3 3.17/60.00/18.92

So, pretty exciting to see that in only three weeks I shaved a 1.39 off my pace. It's still painfully slow but I will get there.

I am thinking about doing the couch to 5k program that is out there. Anyone have any experience with that?

1 comment:

Dee said...

Thanks so much for your comments on my blog! It helps to have an insiders view on 3 kids versus 2. It's a hard decision when it seems the world works best for families of 4. It's nice to hear from someone who recommends it! Also it's great to find another WW'er! I definately find it helps reading about other people's tricks!