Saturday, April 14, 2007

An Easter Miracle has occured!!

Well, somehow I lost weight at my WI today. I am down a total of 4.8. For those of you following my journey, I had a 3 lb. gain last week and I lost almost all of it this week. One thing I have learned is that it really isn't worth it to have a day or week off. I had to work so dang hard this week to get my gain lost and I still didn't even lose it all. The gain was caused by having many birthday celebrations and having a who cares attitude. Last Sat. I had the gain which was followed by Easter Sunday. What the heck. I told myself Easter morning that I would take the day off so to speak. Since I had just received my 35 flex points the day before I felt pretty good. The rest of week I was pretty much OP except for a few candy treats from the kids basket.
So, something that I am even more proud of are the Non Scale Victories (NSV). There were so many this week. First, I did a 5k on the treadmill (TM) on Wednesday and bettered my time by 1 minute from last weeks 5k. I plan to do it once a week and watch my progress. I am still terribly slow...about a 19 minute mile but I am getting my heart rate up and getting stronger all the time.
Secondly, after my WI I have always treated myself with a trip thru McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich, hashbrown and diet coke. The last time I did it...about two weeks ago....I was half way thru the sausage mc muffin and realized it wasn't even really all that good and threw it away. So this morning, I passed McDonalds and pulled in to Starbucks instead and treated myself to an iced coffee with about half the points which I enjoyed a hundred times more!! Yeah for me.
I am off to do yard work. I am actually looking forward to getting out and moving my body which is rare for me!! We are also supposed to clean out the garage which is in terrible shape!

No comments: